STEP 1: Examine the rods after you take
them out from each bag. Add proper
cushion on your tools in order to protect
rods off damage or
||Approx Torque w/ ARP Moly
3/8" ARP 2000
||52 FT LBS
7/16" ARP 2000
||78 FT LBS
7/16" ARP 8740
||66 FT LBS
3/8" ARP HP WAVE 8740
||55 FT LBS
7/16" ARP HP WAVE 8740
||75 FT LBS
STEP 2: Tight on the cap of rod, not on
the beam of rod. (Each of RPM rods was
made by Two Piece forgings)
STEP 3: Use wrench to unlock the bolt a
STEP 4: Loose all bolts by “Your hand”,
open the cap.
STEP 5: Cleaning all bolts, cap screws.
STEP 6: Clean each rod thoroughly
including threads, sleeve and bushing
STEP7: Clean each rod caps and holes
to make sure no dust exists.
STEP 8: Lubricate bolts under the head
with ARP lube included in RPM package.
STEP 9: Seat rod cap by aligning sleeve
and lightly tapping into place. Tight on
cap screws by hand smoothly.
STEP10: Torque the bolt 2-3 times to
the specifications shown on RPM tables.
|Copyright 2019. RacingPartsMaximum. All rights reserved.
The machining tolerances of our connecting rods are as follows.
A. Big Bore Tolerance: ≤ +/-0.00017"
B. Pin Bore Tolerance: ≤ +/-0.00017"
C. Verticality, Parallelism and Distortion: ≤ +/-0.00018"
D. Center to Center Distance Tolerance: ≤ +/-0.001"
E. Verticality and Parallelism Tolerance between Two Bolt Holes: ≤ +/-0.0004"
F. Return Tolerance of Big Bore Repeat Assemble: ≤ +/-0.00018"
SAE 5140 Stock Rod
SAE 4340 Steel H-Beam
New Developing Rod
Connecting Rod Installation Instruction
RACE I-BEAM AND H-BEAM RODS
1. Clean rods completely, clean rod bolt area and threads with a suitable cleaner and dry compressed air to remove any foreign materials PRIOR TO
DISASSEMBLY! Disassemble rods by hand; never use an air ratchet or impact on rods. Clean rods completely after disassembly, clean rod bolt area
and threads with a suitable cleaner and dry compressed air to remove any foreign materials.
2. Lubricate threads and under head clamping face with a Moly bolt lube to reduce frictional torque. Never use any other alternative lube. Tighten
fastener with Torque according to the chart below. Never operate rods using torque less or greater than specified.
3. Never interchange rods between sets. Every rod is carefully sorted in sets by weight. Always install with the 45deg angle/champher facing the
crank radius where applicable.
4. To ensure proper installation, the following clearance is offered as a general guideline, it may vary by application.
5. All ARP 8740 Cap Screws are available for upgrade to ARP 2000.
6. Rod Bearing 0.002-0.003”, Piston Pin 0.0009-0.0015:, Side 0.015-0.025”.
Bolt Torque Specifications:
Racing Parts Maximum
RPM International Inc.
Products Quick Links:
ARP-2000RPM 4AP1.602-2LU /7/16"ARP 2000CAP SCREWS "RPM" 16PCS/SET
BOLTS-UPGRADE ROD BOLTS UPGRADE TO ARP 2000 - 16PCS/SET
ARP-8740 RPM-1 ARP 8740 7/16" 12 PT 1.6 ROD BOLT STAMP "RPM" 1 PC